The design for Harold the Sloth was going great until…. I ran into trouble with the body fabric. Should I try to stay true to the sloth’s remotely possible coloring or do I just do whatever I want? Because I did not have the answer to that question secure in my design vision, the result was eight sloth body rejects. Evelyn claimed one and drew all over it with marker, but I still have 7 Harold the Sloth fabric rejects. If you are interested, send me a line and I’ll sell them cheap, like real cheap:)
I know you all are waiting to hear the story of Harold’s face stuck to my shirt. This is what happened. I was creatively zooming along in my workshop making Harold. I had his tiny nose, eyes, eyeballs, and most important, a perfectly positioned crooked smile. I was ready to sew! Then there was a kitchen emergency (Evelyn needed help pouring a glass of milk). When I got back, Harold’s face was gone!I couldn’t believe it. I look all around and finally see an eye on the carpet. Then I found an eyeball in the hall and two more pieces in the kitchen. His smile was still stuck to my elbow, go figure. The nose is MIA, but it is really, really small, so that is a reasonable loss.
Here is Harold with his reconstructed nose:
He is for sale both the quilt and the pattern in my Etsy shop:)